Manager, Worldwide Distribution Services
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking a Manager in the Worldwide Distribution Services (WWDS) department to manage the distribution of the MGM library of Free TV, FVOD, Pay TV, SVOD, Basic Cable, Pay-Per-View, Video-On-Demand and Electronic Sell-Through / Download to Own (EST/DTO). The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Domestic TV sales teams in all aspects of deal management support for multiple territories, including contract administration of complex output deals.
The Worldwide Distribution Services team identifies and manages product availability, shares strategies for maximized sales / revenue opportunities, and maintains internal systems that track all sales and deal terms. The department creates availability lists, clears product, and reviews all incoming deal memos and change orders in a timely manner. WWDS determines the qualifiers of new product for inclusion in worldwide output agreements, coordinates with clients to identify product to fulfill library volume commitments, sends notifications to clients, and provides assistance on various inquiries. The team also prepares and issues a variety of scheduled reports and responds to ad hoc inquiries from internal departments.
• Maintain and monitor individual territory and territory grouping information for Output deals as well as package deals in the territories
• Interact with Sales, Finance, Planning, Servicing and Acquisitions to advise for potential deals to clear product, analyze deal term sheets, and provide departmental feedback for pending deals
• Generate sales and availability reports based on specific territory / client requirements
• Communicate with clients regarding upcoming contractual notifications for Output deals
• Monitor Life of Series TV output deals while working with Executive Director on notices and windowing
• Maintain output deal specific trackers and alerting calendars both domestically and internationally
• Create and maintain deal specific contract abstract summaries of deals
• Review and summarize deal specific points for relevant information such as rate cards, term, product type, etc.
• Window management for current features and TV series, including monitoring of product availability release dates
• Properly manage product license windows and holdbacks that flow through the sequence of media in their territories
• Handle domestic step-up deals and pool title deals to ensure product is properly recognized and windowed
• Input data into the IPM database management system (i.e. contract entry / administration, event processing, and client maintenance)
• Manage deals in association with Sales on new title selections for existing output deals, title substitutions, re-clearance or withdrawing of titles due to rights updates, including direct communication with client on notification of dates and other contractually required terms
• Run reports to capture outstanding items such as TBA dates in database while working with sales and clients to resolve
• Add, update, and maintain titles, rights, dating, and window information related to Current and Acquisition product within specified territories
• Review and process internal notification of dates and data from certain external websites
• Window out the approximate initial Pay TV, SVOD and Free TV / Basic Cable avail dates based on trigger dates and output window lengths
• Maintain calendaring database to ensure all contractual requirements, such as no later than dates and notification deadlines are not missed
• Coordinate with London office and EMEA team on incoming deal memos and change orders for completeness and accuracy; liaise with office as needed
• Liaise between servicing and financial groups to ensure all contractual obligations have been fulfilled
• Update internal departmental spreadsheets, including deal tracker and others
• Develop and maintain proficiency in proprietary and non-proprietary systems such as advanced Word and Excel functions (including add-ons) and SAP / IPM and MicroStrategy
• Proactively interact with systems at a high proficiency level, as well as suggest enhancements, improvements, and modifications
• Maintain contract files and historical documentation related to each agreement
• Bachelor's degree
• 5-7 years' of related experience working in sales / contract administration or related field
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret license terms for product sales
• Understands and applies the concepts of window management, contract administration, sales planning, etc.
• Strong Microsoft Office and software application skills
• Related working experience in television or a related media capacity at a manager level
• Strong supervisory, time management, planning, and organizational skills
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
• Must be a strategic thinker and problem solver
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and efficiently
• Must be extremely detail oriented
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and assume responsibility for managing territories / media, including building relationships with internal and external customers
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.