Executive Director - Participations
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking an experienced participations professional with exceptional analytical and excel skills to manage all aspects of the company's current titles modeling, reporting, and forecasting. The position will report to the department's Vice President and will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a team of analysts and senior analysts.
• Overseeing and reviewing the work of the staff responsible for preparing statements to third parties, financiers and co-production partners for current releases, as well as production cost and incentive accounting
• Creating and maintaining internal financial models for current releases, including participations ultimates, and treasury projections
• Reviewing diligence generated as part of the department's monthly financial close
• Participating in audit and claims-related diligence
• Dealing with colleagues in the company (e.g., planning , accounts payable and tax staff), as well as third party participants and their representatives
• Assisting in systems development, testing, and implementation
• Minimum 10 years' participations reporting or entertainment industry accounting experience
• Intimate familiarity with co-production and talent contingent compensation agreements
• Exceptional analytical and excel skills
• Strong organization and communications skills
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.