Administrative Assistant, Television Finance And Accounting
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Beverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking an Assistant to provide day-to-day administrative support to the Senior Vice President, Television Finance and Accounting.
• Handle daily administrative tasks including: answering phones and relaying messages, updating call logs, scheduling meetings, handle incoming and outgoing mail, photocopying, scanning, ordering office supplies, filing, etc.
• Support management of inboxes, calendars, and contacts
• Prepare and submit expense reports via Concur
• Interface with various internal and external departments
• Additional ad hoc duties, including research and administrative projects, as assigned
• Maintain correspondence with production accountants, EPCares (Insurance), Post Production, Corporate Executives, etc.
• Complete bank reconciliations
• Maintain files for all current and past TV productions
• Prepare and distribute monthly TV delivery/airdate workbook internally
• Assist with preparation of payroll agreements, billbacks, and distribution of invoices
• Review and update production schedules and crew contact list
• BA/BS degree required in Finance or Accounting
• Excellent computer skills - proficiency in MS Office including strong Excel and Outlook
• Minimum of two years prior experience as an administrative assistant in an entertainment company a plus
• Able to work effectively with all levels of management
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
• Ability to take initiative and be proactive in all matters
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through skills are of the highest importance
• Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and expertly problem solve
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner
• A self-starter able to take initiative, think creatively, and work independently with a driven and motivated work ethic
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.