VR Environment Artist
Method StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Description MethodEXP is a full-service VR studio that builds AAA content for brands and content partners alike. We create high fidelity visuals in both CG and Live Action VR. We are a hardware agnostic studio that prides ourselves on our ability to work on all platforms, and all engines, using all cameras. We believe that our work reflects the best of VR. At MethodEXP, you can build high-quality immersive VR experiences. You will be empowered to push your creative boundaries and to wear multiple hats. Because we are a growing studio, all of our artists are encouraged to working in multiple disciplines, and we foster a generalist mentality to our work. You can make a difference by shaping what VR is and is yet to be.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Define the look and tone of a scene or environment
• Work in multiple off-the-shelf game engines like Unreal, Unity or Lumberyard
• Support an asset team in generating, conforming and modifying assets.
• Advise the engineering team in developing environment tools.
• Maintain a set artistic look throughout the entire production process.
• Resolve various artistic development issues related to environment and level design.
• 3 years' experience in a game development as an Environment Artist.
• Advanced knowledge of various game engines (Unity, Unreal, Lumberyard)
• Production knowledge of various aspects of game production including modeling (low poly and high poly), lighting, texturing, animation.
• Advanced skills in Maya, Mudbox, Z-brush, Substance Painter and other relevant applications.