Sr Unity Developer
Method StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
MethodEXP is a full-service VR studio that builds AAA content for brands and content partners alike. We create high fidelity visuals in both CG and Live Action VR. We are a hardware agnostic studio that prides ourselves on our ability to work on all platforms, and all engines, using all cameras. We believe that our work reflects the best of VR.
At MethodEXP, you can build high-quality immersive VR experiences. You will be empowered to push your creative boundaries and to wear multiple hats. Because we are a growing studio, all of our artists are encouraged to working in multiple disciplines, and we foster a generalist mentality to our work. You can make a difference by shaping what VR is and is yet to be.
MethodEXP has an immediate opening for a Senior Unity Developer for a AAA project currently in production for a major motion picture studio and across all VR platforms (Cardboard, GearVR, Daydream, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Playstation VR…) We are a full-service VR studio that builds AAA content and games for brands and content partners alike. We are looking for new team members with a passion for technology, a positive attitude and a team player mentality. You will be empowered to push your technical and creative boundaries and to wear multiple hats while having a blast with an amazing team on a wonderful IP. Join us and shape what VR is and is yet to be!
• Develop game mechanics and system processes
• Implement, hone and optimize functionality in existing game engines
• Collaborate with others to design and build architectures for new systems, and maintain and improve current ones
• Contribute original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
• Advise and mentor other programmers
• Provide technical leadership in areas of specialization and assist other engineers with technical questions
• Work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
• Keep up to date with the technological developments and advancements in the computer game industry
• Complete CPU and GPU specific optimization tasks
• Develop familiarity with hardware details of specific game platforms, their capabilities and performance bottlenecks
• Constantly analyze code performance and architect optimizations
• Document developments and code
• Keen interest in Virtual Reality
• Advanced working knowledge of Unity
• Strong knowledge of C# and moderate knowledge of other programming languages
• Good working knowledge of Version Control: Git & SourceTree
• Experience with multiple core system tasks, such as graphics, networking, audio/video, and tools.
• Excellent performance optimization skills
• A gamer and entertainment enthusiast
• Excellent math skills
• Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant field