Sr. Lighting / Rendering Pipeline Lead
Method StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Method pipeline leads help shape the evolution of our technologies and workflows to enable productions to work more quickly and efficiently. The 3D Rendering / FX Pipeline Lead has purview over everything within the 3D Rendering / FX realm. This includes broadly:
• Look Development
Responsibilities & Duties
• Lead all projects withing the 3D Rendering / FX area of the pipeline.
• Meet with 3D Rendering / FX department leadership to identify issues and discuss priorities.
• Meet weekly with Head of Software and Project Manager for site to prioritize and schedule 3D Rendering / FX development tasks.
• Openly communicate schedule to software department and 3D Rendering / FX production leadership.
• Run regular ''stand-up'' meetings with developers for active development projects to confirm expected progress and identify issues.
• Work with developers to standardize central libraries.
• Architect, design, and plan software development.
• Guide other developers in building and implementing complex projects.
• Amend department standards over time based on needs.
• Get involved in code reviews and process pull requests.
• Provide point-of-contact from show pipeline support about 3D Rendering / FX pipeline.
• Meet one-on-one with each 3D Rendering / FX developer on a regular basis to provide and receive feedback.
• Work with developers to setup demos and communicate updates, new tools, and bugs to all of production.
• Quarterly travel to other Method sites to meet with developers and users.
• Computer Science degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 5 years of experience in VFX development.
• 5 years of Python experience.
• In-depth experience with Autodesk Maya and SideFX Houdini.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working directly with production teams.
• Familiarity with other VFX applications (Mari, RV, Flame, Avid, Nuke).
• Familiarity with render farm software.
• Experience leading development teams.
• Expertise in C and shell scripting.
• Warm, welcoming personality.