Senior Facial Rigger
Method StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Description Method Studios is currently seeking a Senior Facial Rigger to work on upcoming projects for the studio. The ideal candidate will have the required skills to engineer feature level facial rigs and must collaborate with the Lead to help make decisions that facilitate the Rigging workflow. They must also be self-reliant and have a deep knowledge of facial anatomy.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Work closely with animation, techanim, rigging and modeling Leads to create and maintain flexible facial rigs.
• Collaborate in the character design process to ensure that the rigs will allow the characters to have the look and the complete range of motion required for the project.
• Develop fast and elegant facial rigs and new techniques to help increase the quality, while meeting production deadline.
• Ability to create tools and scripts to help department efficiency.
• Work with Rigging R&D and TD team members to grow and develop long-term strategies to automate character production.
• Ability to distinguish and flag potential problems to Sups and Leads.
• Minimum 3 years experience working with Facial Rigging.
• Solid understanding of Facial Rigging Systems and techniques.
• Comprehensive knowledge of and familiarity working in Maya.
• Strong time management and project management skills.
• Comfortability working in large scale fast paced environment and delivering on deadlines.
• Solid mathematical skills.
• Complete understanding of anatomy, volume preservation and motion.
• Working knowledge of Python.
• Ability to communicate and elaborate with team is a must.
• Familiarity with Shotgun, Confluence and JIRA.
• Ability to work in Linux environment.
• Ability to code and create tools in Python.