Method StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Description Method Studios LA is currently looking for a Concept Artist to join its Art Department. This position is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Conceptualize and execute concept arts by working with the Creative Director and Art director on a wide variety of projects.
• Advanced working knowledge of painting environments, characters, and assets; with versatility in both hard surface and organic elements.
• Creating both stylize and photo-realistic elements to fit the project needs.
• Expert working knowledge of Photoshop, and proficient in 3D
• A minimum of 5 years VFX or Game industry experience working as a concept artist in a feature film, AAA Game, or commercials environment
• Experience creating photo-realistic or / and digital concept based on minimal direction given.
• MUST be able to freely create concepts from the ground up with little to no reference material.
• Possess a strong understanding of light, color, perspective, architecture, anatomy
• Possess excellent artistic communication skills, as well as an excellent eye for detail
• Solid understanding of VFX or Game pipeline is a bonus but not required.
• A good understanding of 2D and 3D workflows within the pipeline
• Ability to create great visuals against demanding deadline with acute attention to details