Memphis GrizzliesMemphis, TN
Full Time Job
The Marketing Analyst is responsible for all aspects of program analytics for the Memphis Grizzlies, Memphis Hustle, Grizzlies NBA 2K and FedExForum strategic marketing initiatives. This position is responsible for supporting the team by leading maintenance and production related to marketing analytics dashboards, providing performance and trend analysis of digital channel performance, marketing campaigns, broadcast analysis and multi-channel media valuation. The Marketing Analyst also represents the Marketing Strategy needs for the organization as a contributing member of the cross-departmental Analytics Team. The Marketing Analyst regularly provides insights of the market, trends, customer behavior, and current campaign performance to organization's Executive Team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead analytics projects, applying a wide range of methodologies (A/B testing, financial modeling, statistical analysis, etc.), to support decision-making in marketing and ticketing initiatives
• Develop thorough understanding of marketing principles (metrics, distribution channels, marketing outlets, etc.) and the Memphis/Regional/Global markets (demographics, growth trends, etc.)
• Provide reporting on all digital channels (social, web, email, digital ads) and non-digital channels (TV, radio, etc)
• Provide ROI analysis on marketing spend on digital/non-digital channels
• Provide strategic marketing recommendations based on analysis in a clear and visually-compelling nature
• Partner with supervisor and others in development, maintenance and enhancement of departmental strategies
• Query customer database and combine with data from other sources to perform comprehensive analyses. Includes creation of marketing lists for email and CRM
• Support departmental efforts to identify, understand, and pursue critical customer segments
• Measure, track, and report on key performance indicators across marketing channels
• Complete concept-testing for new ticket products and sales campaigns and offer insights about sales and campaign potential
• Assist with the creation and implementation of a companywide research calendar, including creation and execution of cross-departmental questionnaires and surveys
• Conduct secondary research as needed, including information gathering from industry associations, research companies, and marketing experts
• Provide ad hoc analysis in marketing and ticketing as required
• Other duties as assigned
, Experience & Abilities
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, marketing, mathematics or related field
• A minimum of two years of experience in marketing/marketing analytics and/or market research (including demonstrated understanding of key metrics, common methodologies, secondary research resources, etc.)
• Success in this role requires excellent data and analysis skills, including the ability to work with a mid-to-large scale customer database and other datasets
• Familiarity with SQL queries and database structures
• Excellent communication skills, including creation and presentation of project materials
• The capacity to stay organized and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Must be a highly-collaborative team player who can also work independently
• Positive attitude, enthusiastic mindset and self-starter mentality
• Familiarity with statistical analysis and research methodologies
• Proficiency in one scripting language (SQL or R preferred)
• Experience with A/B and multivariate testing and multi-channel (online and offline) attribution and testing experience
• Experience utilizing data visualization software (Tableau preferred)
• Experience utilizing digital marketing and analytics platforms to access and manage reporting (i.e. Omniture, Google Analytics, Native and Third Party Social Media analytics)
• Working with Archtics Ticketing and Scarborough Research Data, a plus.
• Experience with Marketo platform
• Passion for basketball
• How did you hear about this job?
• Why are you interested in this opportunity?
• What is your highest level of education completed?
• How many years of experience do you possess?
• What is your current salary?
• What are your salary requirements?