MarVista EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
MarVista Entertainment, a full service independent studio and distribution company is looking for an AR Accountant with solid accounting skills who, will excel in a fast-paced & dynamic environment. This position is responsible for the full-cycle of accounts receivable including preparing customer invoices, collecting payments and performing related-general ledger accounting functions. Position reports to Accounting Director.
• Prepare and send invoices to customers based on contract terms and conditions.
• Verify discrepancies by and resolve customers' billing issues.
• Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
• Ensure all necessary AR invoices have been properly recorded for month end close.
• Work with Revenue Operations team to verify if contractual triggers have been met to invoice customer.
• Provide supporting documentation for areas of responsibility for the year-end audit.
• Support with ad-hoc projects and additional responsibilities with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Be available to serve in backup capacity for other accounting functions.
• Exceptional attention to detail, strong analytical skills, highly organized, flexible and dependable.
• Handle confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Fulfill role as a well-organized, self-directed team player.
• Prioritize and plan work activities, using time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
• Demonstrate professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers and others.
• Respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance and processes.
• Minimum 2 years accounting experience and full-cycle accounts receivable experience.
• Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance a plus.
• Experience with contract reviews and revenue accounting a plus.
• Entertainment Industry experience a plus.
• Understanding and experience of foreign currency in accounting/ cash receipts a plus.
• Experience with accounting software packages such as Intaact a plus.
• Skilled with PCs and MS Office including Excel and Word.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online