Manager, Travel Operations
Los Angeles LakersEl Segundo, CA
Full Time Job
Position Summary: The primary responsibility of the Manager, Travel Operations is to ensure the Los Angeles Lakers and South Bay Lakers players and staff have a seamless travel experience while on the road. This position handles travel for team players and coordinates travel for inbound players or agents. The Manager, Travel Operations also serves as a liaison to the NBA for basketball-related travel items.
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
• LAKERS TEAM TRAVEL
• Negotiate hotel contracts for regular season and playoffs; serve as liaison between the team and hotel should any issues arise while on the road
• Work with Program Manager, Player Nutrition, Sleep, and Wellness to plan Lakers team meals on the road
• Handle season itineraries, flight schedules, flight manifests, buses, rooming lists, hotel bills
• Handle travel related to free agent workouts, player workouts, and Summer League, including booking flights, hotels and ground transportation
• Arrange hotel and credentials for Laker personnel for Pre-Draft Combine, PIT and Nike Hoop Summit
• Book ground transportation for player physicals
• Serve as main hotel contact for local hotels and approve local hotel bills
• Assist in facilitating relocation, for players and coaches, when needed
• Coordinate travel with outside offices (Spectrum, Vision Security, NBA)
• Schedule team buses, gym, practices (away cities, visiting teams)
• Support Lakers NBA Advance Scout by assisting with expense reports, supplies, cash advances, etc.
• Per diem requests and returns, reviewing IRS taxable, expense money, ''Walking Around Money''
• Special travel situations, as needed: Travel with team overseas to assist with player's family activities or during the finals to assist with player's family tickets, hotel and transportation
• • SOUTH BAY LAKERS TEAM TRAVEL
• Handle team practice schedules and bus arrangements, including hiring and scheduling driver(s) and related insurance needs
• Coordinate housing for players and coaches, including negotiating pricing with hotels and overseeing housing reservations and room assignments
• Book commercial group flights for regular season and playoffs
• Provide visiting team accommodations and in-market transportation
• Work with ASEC Security to move players out of hotel rooms, when needed
• Book individual player flights (for training camp or in special situations as needed throughout season)
• Reconcile American Express bills
• Serve as NBA Travel Coordinator contact
• Be available to assist in travel needs that comes up last minute
• Department ticket requests and NBA mandated visiting team tickets
• Serve as Company Notary
(Required/ preferred): Bachelor's degree (preferred)
Previous experience: A minimum of two (2) years working as an executive assistant or travel agent. Experience working in entertainment, with high-profile celebrates and clients, VIPs, and professional athletes (preferred).
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Extreme attention to detail
• Highly organized, motivated and able to prioritize and multi-task under the pressure of deadlines
• Ability to represent the Lakers organization to vendors, agents, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to act with the utmost discretion and professionalism
Physical Demands: Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Location: El Segundo (offices M-F), and other occasional off-site events
Travel: Less than 5% of the time (varies season to season)
Hours: Regular office hours (9am- 5:30pm M-F), plus overtime may be required; must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Key metrics used to evaluate performance:
• All duties and responsibilities completed before deadlines with the utmost discretion and professionalism
• Potential to set expense savings goals, if travel remains at a set standard
• Facilitation of electronic file management, including emails and paper file conversion
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?