Social Media Manager
Los Angeles ClippersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The LA Clippers are looking for a dynamic Social Media Manager to join our Digital Media team. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for the planning, alignment, management, and execution of all campaigns across the LA Clippers social media platforms. Essential to the position is the ability to ideate around short and long form content, grow and engage domestic and international audiences and execute digital strategies while maintaining brand integrity and consistency.
Can you answer YES to these questions?
• Are you an individual who wants to craft content and drive engagement?
• Are you someone that spends 24/7 on social media?
• Are you passionate about consuming, commenting, sharing and giving original thought?
• Are you challenged by the thought of growing a highly-engaged audience through innovation?
• Do you love working cross functionally and collaborating with business partners?
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for managing editorial calendar and growing the Clippers' social media presence through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, SnapChat and other digital and social platforms.
• Suggests and implements new features and technologies to develop brand awareness, like promotions, contests and competitions.
• Manages Global Social Media Coordinator day-to-day to advise on best practices and strategies for international growth.
• Reports updates on team progress to goals, digital benchmarks and critical metrics to leadership team.
• Assists in the ideation and production of digital content for Clippers' social channels.
• Creates and grows relationships with social platforms, third party partners and key influencers.
• Supports the content creation and execution of content publishing for LA Clipper dance team, mascot and other team-related presence.
• Reports on current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
• Assists with digital goal setting, paid media campaigns, lead-gen and monetization strategy.
• Attends and covers necessary Clippers' events, community initiatives and other events as determined.
• Utilizes native social analytics and third-party toolsets to educate marketing initiatives and devise better content development.
• Liaises with third-party vendors and creative agencies to execute large scale, global digital activations.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
CHARACTERISTICS / QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree required in Marketing or relevant.
• At least 2-3 years' experience in digital, marketing or content role preferred.
• Experience with social media tools for business, including those offered by the major platforms and third parties.
• Familiarity with paid social media buying and optimization preferred.
• Willingness and ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Demonstrated dedication with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
• Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
• Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The LA Clippers are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper's desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
• How did you hear about this job?