Director, Ticket Sales
Los Angeles ClippersOntario, CA
Full Time Job
The Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario are an American professional basketball team of the NBA G League that began play for the 2017–18 season. The franchise is owned by and affiliated with the LA Clippers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The team is based in Ontario, California.
Can you answer YES to these questions?
• Do you have a passion for leading a team to drive ticket sales?
• Can you think creatively to implement innovative strategies that will maximize revenue?
• Are you ready to produce exciting in-game campaigns leaving fans wanting more?
We are seeking a Director of Ticket Sales who is the team leader responsible for increasing the revenue generating capabilities of the ticketing operations and ticket functionality for the Agua Caliente Clippers. This role is tasked with selling the Clippers' ticket inventory to individuals, businesses and organizations in the community through prospecting and cold calling new and existing clients. The ideal person will have demonstrated experience in driving performance, leading a diverse team and ensuring that all team members meet weekly and monthly sales activities and goals. You will develop and implement solutions that maximize the profit generated through ticket prices, products, and packages sold to customers and clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide leadership and establish a positive sales culture for the ticket sales department through the hiring, training, coaching and mentorship of all ticketing staff to achieve team established team individual ticketing and related business annual revenue goals.
• Generate revenue through selling all Agua Caliente Clippers ticket inventory: season tickets, flex plans, groups and suites, to meet sales goals. Establish, communicate and track individual and team sales activity and revenue goals.
• Develop and maintain client database through new customers prospecting, cold calling, community events, networking and referrals.
• Work closely with Team President to create, plan and implement high-reaching ticket pricing strategies that correlates with dynamic and creative season, flex, group ticket and nightly suite sales strategies and campaigns to maximize revenue opportunities.
• Lead the development and implementation of ticket retention and customer loyalty programs. Develop customer service principles, systems, and processes that permeate all sales and service functions. Help establish events and experiences that will enhance the customer experience and build brand loyalty.
• Manage various in-game assets/fan experiences in order to maximize ticket sales.
• Develop unique campaigns & execute group sales plans for theme nights.
• Collaborate with strategic vendors/third-party entities to create departmental efficiencies and maximize ticketing revenue through timely delivery of ticketing products and services. Ensure maximum utilization of our CRM, other database and ticketing systems to effectively prospect, sell, retain and track results.
• Act as primary liaison with ticketing software platform to address all technical ticketing support and build season, group and single-game ticket types, as well as efficiently process all ticket orders in a timely manner.
• Handle all designated game day ticketing operations including - but not limited to – ticketing interns, ticket takers, ticket office, box office, and will-call operations that meets customer service standards established by the team.
• Establish and provide ongoing review policies and procedures that support the seamless execution of strategic initiatives.
• Develop and handle department budget; responsible for using ticket resources to maximize revenue while controlling costs. Report on budget variances and forecasts.
• Bachelor's degree with at least three years of relevant experience.
• Strong leadership and sales skills with an emphasis towards motivating and developing an effective team.
• Shown success in running a ticketing sales organization in the sports industry and meeting or exceeding sales goals.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to train, mentor and develop an effective sales team and culture.
• Experience with CRM systems.
• Demonstrated dedication with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
• Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
• Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Agua Caliente Clippers are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper's desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
• How did you hear about this job?