Manager, Rights & Clearances
Lightworkers Media OTTBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
LightWorkers Media OTT, LLC, a joint venture of MGM and award-winning Executive Producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey, is seeking an experienced Manager, Rights and Clearances to review and clear video content for clearance, copyright, and other intellectual property issues, and present findings to senior legal and business executives for the Company's new online venture launching in fall, 2017. LightWorkers' mission is to create engaging short form video and audio programming plus readable content that will make you think, smile, shed a tear and hopefully, brighten your day. We produce and curate highly shareable, authentic content for digitally savvy millennials, moms and a community of passionate fans who want to celebrate the good.
• Track, analyze and evaluate ongoing rights issues
• Responsible for tracking legal agreements and rights provisions via rights management software
• Receive, analyze, and respond to varied requests for review of content and other associated materials in a timely and precise manner
• Work independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision, including an ability to take direction in a productive manner
• Collaborate across various teams and companies, provide solution-oriented work
• Strong analytical capabilities and sound judgment
• Proactively tackle new issues with critical thinking, analysis, with a meticulous attention to detail
• A minimum of 1-3 years' prior experience in content rights and clearance review is required, ideally at a video content clearance company, digital media content production company, or video content provider. Prior work in a legal department is a plus.
• Knowledge and experience identifying copyright and IP infringement in video (and flat content and audio); ability to flag new/evolving IP and other concerns as they may arise in video and flat content
• Strong work ethic and enthusiasm to pitch in as needed in a start-up environment: be responsive to new/additional requests and projects as needed; have willingness to problem-solve for matters outside established expertise
• Possess outstanding organizational and communication skills