TV Promotions Copywriter
LBI Media, Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Estrella TV Network
TV Promotions Copywriter
We are LBI Media, Inc. (''LBI''), the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country; parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
The TV Promotions Copywriter will be responsible for viewing our television shows and then relaying the highlights of those programs to our viewers through creative writing and editing. The TV Promotions Copywriter position requires a conceptual and creative thinker who can harness the ''theater of the mind'' and bring our shows to life with a combination of existing sound bites and compelling storytelling. The work includes, but is not limited to, writing and revising thirty second television promotional copy for a variety of different Estrella TV network programs.
• The Copywriter will have prior experience working with the Hispanic market understanding different Spanish dialects and regional nuances.
• Conceives and executes TV programming advertising (Radio and TV) consistent with the agreed-upon strategy.
• Is responsible for original conceptions as well as translations and back translations; for clear, concise, and convincing writing; and for grammatical and material accuracy.
The successful candidate must possess exceptional written and grammar communication skills in Spanish. Understanding of the Spanish TV Market is a plus. They must be self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. All employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive. In addition, the right candidate must have:
• High school graduate; some college preferred.
• 2 to 5 years prior experience as a Spanish language copywritter preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a strong customer service orientation.
• Detail oriented and ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Must also have basic knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment.
• Bilingual: Fluency in written, reading and spoken English and Spanish.
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA [no relocations]
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work overtime, holiday or weekends on short notice
• Must be 18 years or older
Interested candidates must submit their resume. In the ''Subject Line'', please reference ''TV Promotions Copywriter'' and the source/location of where you saw the job posting.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online