Head of HR
LBI Media, Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Head of HR
About the Company: Founded in 1987, LBI Media, Inc. is one of the United State's leading Spanish-language media and entertainment companies. LBI develops, produces and markets entertainment and news through its sixteen radio stations, ten television stations, ''EstrellaTV'' -- a leading Spanish-language television broadcast network in the U.S., and Fenomeno Studios, a multi-channel network. We are a mid-szie company of approximately 800 employees, located in 9 cities and an HR team of five.
Position: Head of Human Resources - Burbank, California
Dynamic and exciting opportunity to provide overall human resources support for LBI Media, Inc. through employee relations, training and employee development, HR compliance, HR best practices, policy and procedure implementation, staffing, employee coaching and mentoring, and will provide compensation guidance, implementation of HR programs and other hands-on activities. This position will report to the General Counsel and will work closely with the Company's senior management. This role will also ensure talent management; organizational development, compensation, benefits and learning initiatives are rolled out and aligned with LBI's overarching philosophies supporting a high performance, creative and inclusive environment.
• Keep abreast of and advise management on compliance with state and federal laws, benefit laws, company policies, procedures and guidelines as it relates to employee relations and other related matters as they arise
• Conduct workplace investigations and reporting as needed
• Support staff with timely responses and resolution of human resource questions and issues, provide coaching and mentoring as opportunities arise
• Manage recruiting process including sourcing, screening, interviewing, background and reference checks and ensuring recruiting compliance that is required by the FCC for public broadcast licensees
• Onboarding of new staff, including orientation, benefits enrollment, security, payroll administration and overall integration within LBI workforce
• Administer staff benefit programs, including enrollment changes, health and welfare plans, 401(k) and overall benefits administration
• Records management, including personnel files, I-9 forms, payroll record keeping and maintain employee handbook and other staff documents
• Develop and deliver comprehensive mandatory training programs to managers and employees as well as recommend and develop other training programs geared towards employee growth and development
• Monitor and administer comprehensive employee review process and compensation guidelines for pay parity and for employee incentive and pay for performance practice
• Review and monitor employee morale and productivity, and consult with Company management on methods and processes to increase employee morale in individual areas, and throughout the organization
• Review and make recommendations for improvement of human resources policies, procedures and practices
• At least 8-10 years' experience as a Human Resources generalist in company with at least several hundred employees, preferably in a broadcast media (but not required), at least 3-4 of those years working for a California employer. Experience with multi-site locations,particularly Texas and New York, desirable.
• Fluent in both Spanish and English (speaking, reading and writing)
• Must have managed professional HR staff and strong working relationship with payroll, finance, legal and operations.
• Subject matter expertise on California and Federal employment practices, policies, legal & EEOC guidelines, as well as compensation, wage and hour, and CA benefits administration.
• Demonstrated ability to work through complex business issues, and to identify and resolve key HR issues
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written), strong writing, speaking and presentation skills, sensitivity and understanding of cross-cultural complexities, adept at influencing and achieving collaboration
• Strong organization skills and ability to set priorities and manage a variety of tasks at the same time (and in a fast-paced work environment)
• Experience and familiarity with the implementation/enforcement of both Federal and California employment laws and regulations is required (e.g., FMLA and related regulations, California CFRA leave rules and implementation, Federal EEO/EEOC issues, Federal FLRB rules and requirements, etc.)
• Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel and ADP Workforce Now
• A strong 'can do' approach
• An Undergraduate/Bachelor's degree from an accredited college; an advanced degree in management, human resources, organizational development, or other related field is desirable
Salary Compensation package and comprehensive benefits eligibility commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Please send cover letter with relevant experience, resume and three references to: hrm@ lbimedia.com
LBI's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online