Intern - Social Media & Event
Kansas City RoyalsKansas City, MO
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Social Media & Event Internship (Seasonal)
The Social Media & Event Intern will assist with day-to-day Digital & Social Media operations and Marketing Department special events & stadium entertainment.
• Develop engaging content for club's social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Pinterest through photography, copy writing and graphic design.
• Maintain organizational social media calendar.
• Assist in creating and developing social media campaigns.
• Monitor and report on digital trends and industry social networks.
• Assist with royals.com updates and email communication.
• Create content for royals.com and the MLB.com Ballpark App.
• Assist in taking photos of game and non-game events, as well as organize and archive photos from all games and events.
• Organize and report on the daily, weekly and monthly analytics for all digital and social media platforms.
• Keep track and organize all social media posts, initiatives and campaigns throughout the season.
• Attend the majority of Royals home games and assist in gathering and posting social media content featuring Marketing and Community events, fans and game action.
• Communicate and collaborate with MLB Advanced Media and departments throughout the Royals organization on digital and social media initiatives throughout the season.
• Coordinate planning and scheduling for in-stadium entertainment stage.
• Manage event day logistics and provide good customer service for in-stadium entertainment stage on 20 pre-game performance dates.
• Help with distribution of gate giveaway items to internal staff and departments.
• Work with Royals Box Office to complete comp ticket requests.
• Be involved in the planning of select marketing special events from start to finish.
• Assist with event set-up and production for all Marketing Special Events, including Salute to the Negro Leagues, Big Slick Celebrity Classic, Girls Night Out, Fan Appreciation Day, etc.
• Sit in on advertising agency meetings and being involved in the branding execution
• Other administrative duties as assigned by the Marketing Department.
• Bachelor's Degree study in a related program.
• Avid user of social media (experience using on behalf of a business preferred).
• Social analytics experience preferred.
• Practical graphic design experience.
• Background in photography preferred.
• Baseball knowledge and/or knowledge of the Kansas City Royals organization.
• Familiar with Microsoft Applications; experience with Adobe Creative Suites a plus.
• Strong interpersonal, organization and customer service skills.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Previous experience in entertainment industry/booking preferred.
• Positon requires attendance at most Royals home games.
• Ability to work March through the end of the season.
• Possess a professional attitude that is customer service oriented.
• Ability to work in outside elements including heat, rain, cold and snow.
• Required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
• Available to work 35 hours weekly including holidays, evenings and weekends.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you able to work 35 hours weekly including holidays, evenings, and weekends?
• Do you have a bachelor's degree study in a related program?
• Do you have practical graphic design experience?