Intern - Marketing
Kansas City RoyalsKansas City, MO
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Marketing Internship (Seasonal)
Position assists the Marketing Department with the planning and implementation of giveaways, promotions, special events and advertising.
• Write and edit live Marketing scripts daily to be read in-stadium and on radio and television broadcasts for all games.
• Assist with giveaway volunteer program preparation and event day logistics
• Complete department giveaway distribution
• Organize and maintain accurate inventory database for all giveaway items
• Assist with event planning, set-up and production for all Marketing special events, including Salute to the Negro Leagues, Big Slick Celebrity Classic, Girls Night Out, Fan Appreciation Day, etc.
• Take the lead on a few select marketing special events, handling logistics.
• Be the event point of contact for outside vendors during reoccurring events
• Assist with the execution of the Blue Crew Kids Club.
• Manage all mailing requests, including pocket schedules and fan packs via phone, internet and email.
• Work with the Royals Box Office to complete comp ticket requests and to update Marketing collateral in box office windows.
• Be involved in meetings and projects with the Royals advertising agency.
• Type up creative requests for the team's graphic designer for needed elements
• Compile and organize industry research relating to advertising, special events, Blue Crew Kids Club, and giveaways.
• Other administrative duties as assigned by the Marketing department
• Bachelor's degree study in a related program
• Familiar with Microsoft Applications
• Strong interpersonal, organization and customer service skills
• Attention to detail
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Position requires attendance at most Royals home games
• Possess a professional and positive attitude
• Ability to work in outside elements including heat, rain, cold and snow
• Required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
• Available to work 35 hours weekly including some holidays, evenings and weekends
• Applicants must be available to commit to the full duration of the internship, from early-March through the entire season.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have a bachelors degree study in a related program?
• Are you able to work 35 hours weekly including some holidays, evenings, and weekends?
• Are you able to commit to the full duration of the internship, from early march through the entire season?