KTLALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
• Work in a deadline-oriented environment and handle multiple, simultaneous projects
• Daily troubleshooting and user support of KTLA's air, production and news gathering operation
• Install and maintain computers to specifications as directed
• Attend to local users in both traditional office environment and real-time broadcast news environment. Be able to troubleshoot Windows and Mac OS workstations
• Troubleshoot problems in IT-based broadcast production and commercial playback automation systems. Work with system logs and work with vendors, software developers, corporate engineering, and end users to find and fix problems
• Must be versatile and have the ability to adapt to the diverse and changing hardware and software systems utilized at KTLA
• BS degree or equivalent certification in technical discipline, i.e., electrical, mechanical engineering or equivalent work experience. At least 3 years' job experience as a Maintenance Engineer.
• Strong IT background and knowledge of TCP/IP networking
• Knowledge of basic electronics, the electronic theory present in television broadcast equipment, and good troubleshooting skills
• Ability to efficiently complete assignments, independently determine and set priorities
• Have knowledge of: production and production automation system, switchers, audio boards, servers, studio cameras and robotics; master control automation systems; news gathering, microwave, satellite, and IP transmission/reception, field cameras, and NLE
• To install new gear and network equipment. Run, terminate network, video, audio, RF, and control cable as necessary
• Maintain and repair station equipment as directed. To efficiently analyze, troubleshoot, and correct malfunctioning equipment and systems. Utilize test equipment, schematic diagrams, and station drawings.
• Must have computer, server, and network knowledge as it applies to broadcast operations
• Ability to effectively listen and communicate with operators, directors, producers, and other KTLA staff
• Ability to work with a wide range of personalities in a creative and technical environment and to consistently work well with others.
• Ability to stand for long periods (greater than 1 hour) and to frequently lift weights up to 50 lbs
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information, please visit www.tribunemedia.com.