Digital Fundraising Manager
KCETLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Executive Director of Advancement, and working closely with Advancement staff members, the Digital Fundraising Manager will strategize a 12-month crowdfunding program to support KCETLink original content productions. The Digital Fundraising Manager will conduct detailed research and analysis of each campaign to help the company understand the fundamentals of crowdfunding success for a public media organization and create a best practices document to use in future fundraising strategy.
The Digital Fundraising Manager will collaborate with KCETLink Membership, Digital, and Communications staff to execute all aspects of producing each campaign and provide detailed reports of donation success or failure. Reports should include an analysis on donor giving, demographics, and social media trends to help guide future campaigns. Each campaign will be scheduled strategically throughout the year in coordination with membership activities and events. Candidates should have experience with running crowdfunding campaigns, but emphasis will be placed on data analysis and reporting on campaigns results.
This is a grant funded position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Review KCET and Link TV programming to identify projects suitable for Crowdfunding
• Collaborate with KCETLink membership teams to coordinate elements of the strategic plan with organizational messaging
• Design a 1-year strategic plan that includes at least 6 unique campaigns
• Plan various components and phases of crowdfunding campaigns in collaboration with production, communications, digital and membership teams.
• Present final plan to production, communications, and digital senior staff for approval
• Execute all aspects of each crowdfunding campaign, including: select the appropriate initiatives and the most suitable fundraising platform, decide giving levels and benefits, set-up analytics measurement and gift coding, deliver multi-channel updates to donors and prospects, and track donor fulfilment
• Collect all media necessary to promote each campaign including: benefits/premiums, photos, and scripts for video productions as needed
• Identify segments of prospective donors from the company database or through trade with partner organizations, when appropriate
• Build campaign pages on crowdfunding platforms and set-up KCETLink as a verified non-profit organization to receive funds
• Write all copy for campaign descriptions for each crowdfunding page, mail and email copy for campaign launch and updates, and collaborate with other departments for social media alerts, online ads, press releases, and other related communications
• Work closely with Social Media Manager and the Membership team to keep timely and relevant advertising of each campaign
• Identify and engage prospective social media influencers to help promote campaigns
• Create a coding system to track and segment each campaign donor based on appeal and giving level
• In partnership with membership, manage donor fulfillment as needed
• Communicate with donors as needed and requested
• Conduct a rigorous evaluation of each campaign's overall effectiveness or failure, and quantifiable and qualitative results.
• Incorporate ''lessons learned'' into each subsequent campaign
• Produce a written narrative evaluation report at the end of each campaign
Other Related Responsibilities
• Staffs Advancement events as requested, including evenings and weekends
• Attends meetings, as requested
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO:
• Work collaboratively with various organizational departments
• Have strong data analysis experience
• Lead a project from development to completion
• Must have excellent communication skills both written and oral
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
• Must have high level experience with the design and implementation of crowdfunding campaigns
• Must have experience working in a nonprofit environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (PREFERRED):
• Fundraising experience
• The position is located in Burbank, with periodic travel to other locations.
• If driving, the successful candidate must have a valid drivers' license, access to a reliable car and sufficient car insurance to protect KCETLink.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online