John Lennon Educational Tour BusNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Position Title: On-board Engineer (Full-time)
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus is looking for energetic, dedicated people to join our staff. A position on the Bus is a unique opportunity to work with the latest technology while interacting with a diverse group of students, educators, artists, celebrities, and consumers. Applicants need to be familiar with a broad range of musical styles and genres. They should have a working knowledge of technology products. Staff members must have the skills to correctly troubleshoot technical problems in a logical and safe manner. The ability to play one or more musical instruments and/or songwriting experience is a plus. Successful candidates will tour high schools and colleges in the U.S. conducting various educational workshops centered on original songwriting and audio/video production. Staff will also have the opportunity to engineer for celebrity artists and will have unlimited access to studio recording time.
PRIMARY SKILLSET REQUIREMENTS:
• Extreme attention to detail.
• Master of time management.
• Insatiable desire to learn new things.
• A collaboration enthusiast.
• Belief that inspiring others is a creative act.
• Experience working in a recording studio environment.
• Experience recording audio with digital recording hardware/software including the ability to configure digital audio word clock configurations, use analog and digital patchbays, set cue mixes, and a thorough understanding of signal flow and gain structure.
• Experience editing and mixing music and sound for video.
• Experience with basic studio maintenance.
• Proficient using Apple computers (current version of OS), file management, data backup, small local area networks, and system maintenance.
• Proficient with Avid Pro Tools.
• Proficient with Final Cut Pro.
• Experience shooting digital video with correct camera technique and an eye for creative and unique shots.
• Experience shooting digital photos using DSLRs, organizing and editing photos using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
• Experience with digital media workflows, media and project management, tagging and archiving.
• Use of iOS devices (iPad, iPhone) to create music and visual projects is a plus.
• Experience with Ableton Live, Reason, Adobe Creative Cloud apps is a plus.
• Experience setting up small live PA rigs, engineering/mixing live concerts, and performing remote recordings of concerts is a plus.
• Experience working with youth is a plus.
• Basic level musicianship/songwriting/production experience required (instrument, arrangement).
REQUIRED FOR COMPLETE APPLICATION:
• Cover letter and Resume // Online portfolio (LINK ONLY) of audio (songwriting & recordings), video, photography
BRIEF INTRODUCTION/COMPANY HISTORY:
The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus is a non-profit 501(c)(3) mobile audio and HD video recording and production facility. Since 1998, the Bus has provided free hands-on programs to hundreds of high schools, colleges, Boys and Girls Clubs, music festivals, concerts, conventions and community organizations. Working together with some of the biggest names in music, the Lennon Bus encourages students to play music, write songs, engineer recording sessions and produce video projects using the latest audio, video, and live sound equipment.
• Cover letter and Resume // Online portfolio (LINK ONLY) of audio (songwriting & recordings), video, photography Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online