Senior Marketing Director
JAM TheatricalsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
Jam Theatricals is a Chicago-based entertainment company that presents and produces Broadway engagements throughout North America. Under the direction of Co-Founders Arny Granat and Steve Traxler, Jam Theatricals manages subscription seasons in approximately 30 cities throughout the country, where they strive to bring the best of Broadway to these communities. Current presentations include some of Broadway's biggest blockbusters including, Wicked, The Book of Mormon, Jersey Boys, and many more.
The Senior Marketing Director will oversee essential elements of marketing for Jam Theatricals' Broadway series markets and special engagement productions across the country. The Senior Marketing Director creates strategic marketing campaigns and implements tactics to generate subscription and single ticket sales. The successful candidate will work with partners across the country, including internal, venue, and touring production marketing teams. This role requires the oversight, direction, and management of print, broadcast, direct mail, outdoor, and, most importantly, digital advertising. Evolving the department's digital marketing is crucial. The Senior Marketing Director will run point on projects, complete the timely analysis of sales data, and oversee maintenance of analytical tools. This individual will be a dynamic collaborator who values teamwork, integrity, innovation, and professionalism. The Senior Marketing Director will manage budgets and departmental administration, including the efficient scheduling and management of staff and resources.
Roles, Responsibilities, and Expectations
Planning and Analysis
- Create subscription and/or single ticket marketing strategies and campaigns for Jam Theatricals' Broadway Series and special engagement productions, with a goal of producing engaging, efficient, cost-effective, and targeted campaigns to grow audiences across all offerings.
- Conduct pre- and post-campaign analysis focused on indicators such as return on investment, cost of sale, pricing analysis, market trends, consumer satisfaction, and product preference.
- Track and evaluate all revenue channels to positively affect future campaigns.
- Report on individual series campaigns on a timely basis, analyzing future opportunities and challenges based on comprehensive analysis.
- Oversee implementation and design of patron retention strategies to engage and maintain highest level of patron loyalty for partner organizations in all markets.
- Work with venue teams to identify potential sponsorship opportunities and ensure full activation of sponsorships.
- Work with internal, venue, and production marketing teams to oversee, direct, and manage all marketing initiatives.
- Improve digital marketing capabilities across all markets.
- Monitor ticket sales reports and work with internal and external teams to adjust advertising strategies accordingly.
- Create and track invoices.
- Provide real-time ticket analysis.
- Review and analyze ticket audits and report key findings to management team.
- Provide organizational leadership in all aspects of marketing by establishing strong relationships with key partners and providing strong management and advocacy for staff.
- Identify and maintain strong relationships with industry partners and occasionally represent Jam Theatricals at conferences and other industry events.
- Achieve institutional goals for annual ticket revenue, creating timely and effective communications schedules with partners and meeting deadlines for advertising and communications to secure subscription and single ticket sales.
- Manage marketing budgets for Broadway Series and special engagement productions.
- Communicate effectively with the entire marketing staff on matters such as logistics in all channels of sales fulfillment.
- Oversee departmental administration, including the efficient onboarding, scheduling, and management of staff.
Traits and Characteristics
The Senior Marketing Director will be people-oriented and will promote a culture of collaboration with internal and external partners. This individual will have exceptional analytic acumen and possess a big-picture mentality when creating marketing and sales strategies. This job requires the ability to juggle multiple projects while simultaneously setting priorities, achieving objectives, and adapting to various situations with ease. This individual will be an organized, highly efficient self-starter with a deep understanding of theatrical touring marketing. The Senior Marketing Director will bring a passion for theater and a well-rounded set of competencies as a leader, effective communicator, problem solver, advocate, and strategist.
Other key competencies include the following:
- Leadership: Organizes and motivates other people to accomplish goals; Creates a sense of order and direction; Gains active participation among a variety of stakeholders.
- Self-Management: Independently pursues business objectives in an organized and efficient manner; Demonstrates an ability to manage time and priorities; Minimizes work flow disruptions and time wasters to complete high-quality work within a specified time frame.
- Planning and Organizing: Utilizes logical, systematic, and orderly procedures to meet objectives; Prioritizes tasks for optimum productivity and anticipates probable effects, outcomes, and risks; Develops procedures, processes and systems for accuracy, efficiency, and productivity.
- Interpersonal Skills: Builds rapport and demonstrates a sincere interest in others; Effectively communicates and relates well to all kinds of people.
- Personal Accountability: Prioritizes and completes necessary tasks in order to meet or exceed the mutually agreed upon expectations of the role; Assumes accountability for personal actions.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly, succinctly, and understandably.
Qualified applicants must have a bachelor's degree, plus a minimum of five to 10 years of related arts marketing and advertising experience at a managerial level. Direct experience with touring theatrical marketing and working knowledge of live touring industry/live tour events is required. Strong project management experience is essential. A successful track record within the arts field and a high level of leadership is expected. Ticketmaster and Etix proficiency is preferred. Fluency in Excel is required. The successful candidate will have a passion for theater as well as enthusiasm for supporting and growing Jam Theatricals' business across the country.
VIEW THE COMPLETE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT on Arts Consulting Group's website.
Competitive salary and benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid time off, 401(k) retirement plan, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and the quality of life that Chicago offers.
Job Code: JT-SMDS
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online