Acquisitions & Development Manager
IMDbSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content, with an audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors across its website and mobile apps. We sit at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology industries inside Amazon, the world's most innovative and consumer-centric company.
The IMDb Originals team is seeking a highly creative and well-connected Acquisitions & Development Manager to source and develop successful original series through collaboration with external partners including production companies and programming networks. We're looking for an entertainment-obsessed digital native -- a world-class creative with deep development, production, and writing experience who also happens to be a superfan. This position will require a deep understanding of the interests of digital entertainment audiences, production of various program types, and an understanding of how production resources impact creative outcomes. The Acquisitions & Development Manager will be located in LA and will report to IMDb's Head of Originals & Events.
• Work with Originals team to define the IMDb creative lens for episodic content
• Ideate on new concepts and regularly engage in licensing and development discussions with prospective producers and partners
• Create a pipeline of original, episodic unscripted programming for release on IMDb platforms and other distribution outlets
• Define an efficient evaluation and greenlight process
• Oversee successful production and distribution of series once green-lit by IMDb
• Ensure successful distribution through effective coordination and collaboration with IMDb production, editorial, events, social/marketing, PR, BD, sponsorship, and product teams
• Monitor trends and news related to entertainment programming to effectively position IMDb in the marketplace
• 5 years experience developing and producing original, episodic, unscripted entertainment-related video projects. Experience with the following formats preferred: news, talk, documentary, reality, game shows.
• Deep familiarity with creation of both long and short form video content, and daily/weekly production cadences
• Experience working with high-profile talent, on or off-camera
• Network of contacts in production and production related services, and a demonstrated ability to recruit, book, and effectively work with talent
• A passion for movies, TV, and digital video content
• Superior written and oral business communications skills, with the ability to comfortably and professionally interact with colleagues at all levels
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to work on multiple deadlines at once
• B.A. or B.S. degree
• Comedy writing experience for digital or TV
• Hands-on production experience as a writer, director, editor
• Management of direct reports and contract/freelance staffs
• Development and production of branded / sponsored video projects