Video Operations Manager
IMDBSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content, with an audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors across its website and mobile apps. We sit at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology industries inside Amazon, the world's most innovative and consumer-centric company.
The IMDb Originals team is seeking a Production Manager to help manage and coordinate video-related operations including budgeting, vendor selection and onboarding, schedule management, asset management, and more. We're looking for someone who is a jack of all trades that has a background in video budgeting, post-production and overall physical production expertise. This position will require an ability to adapt quickly to different types of production, events and challenges that come with scaling video growth.
• Create and manage a post-production workflow and asset management system that scales for long-term growth and a variety of projects
• Update and adjust post-production schedules on a daily basis
• Effectively communicate ongoing post production schedule changes to key post staff and producers
• Book freelance editors and outside sessions as needed
• Video budget management -- onboarding new vendors, opening PO's, managing third-party production companies and tracking invoices
• Develop, maintain and track schedules for all projects, working with the creatives and any external parties
• Assist producers with production prep including logistics, credentials, call-sheets, production books, and hands-on on-set production tasks
• 5 years production experience including but not limited to video budgeting, production management and post-production
• Experience with hands on production and post-production including but not limited to shooting (familiarity with various cameras and lenses), lighting, editing (adobe premiere suite) and other physical production.
• Experience managing production processes from pre/post and distribution
• Experience managing internal and external budgets
• Experience tracking physical and digital assets and creating post-work flow processes
• Superior written and oral business communications skills, with the ability to comfortably and professionally interact with colleagues at all levels
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to work on multiple deadlines at once
• B.A. or B.S. degree
• Experience in Adobe Premiere Suite
• Ability to perform AE work and do string-outs and other basic edits
• Experience producing large scale live events