Senior Manager, Database Marketing
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu's Customer Growth Marketing team is seeking a Senior Manager, Database Marketing, you will be responsible for defining and implementing CRM database marketing strategies for all 1-1 marketing communications to our targetable base, with a strong focus on testing and constant optimization. This role is focused on database management for acquisition, engagement and retention - with primary goals of advancing our database capabilities, tech integrations, automations, triggers, segmentation and analysis. The ideal candidate is incredibly data and tech savvy, understands CRM systems (Salesforce), and has proven database marketing experience. If you are someone with an uncanny ability to understand complex data, systems needs and have the capacity to work in a consistently changing and demanding environment, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Develop and execute an overall CRM database strategy for marketing channels; primarily focused on Email and in-App/Push Notifications, but also inclusive of site, on-channel and social where relevant.
• Data implementation of ad-hoc, trigger-based and automated emails/push campaigns - mastering the technical aspects of deploying these through our internal databases and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
• Drive, define and document all requirements for marketing database and analysis needs; including business rules, process and procedures, list management, real time data requirements, trigger campaign set up and all campaign analysis.
• Use and create relevant customer segmentation, actionable cohorts and guide testing setup and methodology for ongoing A/B testing for optimization on all campaigns - partnering heavily with Email Marketing Managers.
• Partner with multiple teams to maintain active data collection points, retiring fields that are no longer actionable, and refreshing actionable opportunities. Advancing systems and data needs to continually improve marketing relevancy and accuracy.
• Deliver on time campaigns and reporting with key metrics identified, tracked and analyzed with key learnings, actionable insights and recommendations.
• Evaluate, onboard and integrate new vendors and technologies as well as maintain and advancing current systems/technologies
WHAT TO BRING
• 10 years of proven technical, database and strategic CRM experience; email, mobile push and site notifications to a large consumer base with hands on proficiency in implementation and analysis of all ad-hoc, automated/trigger campaigns, loyalty/referral programs and segmentation.
• Solid experience working with product, tech and data teams for complex data/tech requirements gathering and evolving of CRM technologies specifically; Salesforce Marketing Cloud / Exact Target experience is a must
• Advanced knowledge of relational database for development of trigger-based and automated programs. Advanced HTML/CSS (in email environment), Microsoft Office, Jira, Tableau and SQL is a must
• Strong project management, analytical and problem solving skills with data driven approach.
• Solid analytical aptitude - able to evaluate customer journey and metrics resulting in creative solutions and program optimization.
• Positive attitude and ability to operate in a very fast paced environment with ambiguity; requires being scrappy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present complex data, influence others and build relationships.
• Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business or related field.
• PMP Certification
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.