Intern - Ticket Sales & Services
Houston RocketsHouston, TX
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Ticket Sales & Services Intern (Summer 2018 Semester)
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Establish relationships by making outbound phone calls and setting face to face appointments to current and prospective clients.
• Sell new full season tickets, partial season tickets, group tickets, and premium seats.
• Coordinate & execute various projects associated with growing our Group & Season Ticket Holder base.
• Assist with office projects, mailings and updating customer information for Sales & Services Departments.
• Organize and maintain sales documents and reports.
• Assist with phones and reception during peak periods.
• Support individual departments with execution of sales & services events.
• Provide assistance during Game Nights with sales & services initiatives
• Support the VP, Coordinator and Ticket Sales & Services Departments with game duties, special assignments and projects as needed.
• Receptionist training.
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• College Junior or Senior Level student, or recent graduate looking to gain exposure to sales in the sports market.
• Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Sports Administration, or related business majors preferred.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while balancing multiple tasks is essential.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must enjoy working with all types of people.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
• Yes/No. I am a current college student or have graduated within the last 6 months.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Yes/No- I understand that I have to be available to work ALL Rockets 2017-2018 home games, 3rd party events, and playoffs.
• Yes/No. I understand that this is a semester long internship, begining June 2018 and ending August 2018.
• Yes/No. I am able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.