Holyoke MediaHolyoke, MA
Full Time Job
Holyoke Media is seeking an experienced News Director to develop and oversee all organizational news gathering and to direct daily news content and presentation across all platforms.
Leading by example, this individual will identify and create engaging content, teach others how to do so, and develop a road map to meet the goals of our organization while fostering a positive climate of news and media literacy.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a track record in managing high quality newsgathering operations and associated technologies. The candidate will focus on excellence, quality and enhancing capabilities; including newsgathering technologies, community engagement and improving the journalistic skills of our staff, students and community volunteers.
Candidates must have good contacts inside and outside of Holyoke and a track record of engaging underserved communities, in order to most effectively deliver current information and understanding of the local political, economic, and sociological challenges facing this community. Spanish and English fluency required.
• Report, record and/or edit news spots, interviews, and news features for use on TV, radio and the internet.
• Coordinate staff and volunteer news gathering efforts.
• Select material most pertinent to the Holyoke audience, and organize this material into appropriate format for newscast. Edit news material for content and length.
• Anchor regular local newscasts and segments.
• Assist in the development of and adherence to news production standards.
• Provide strong editorial leadership and guidance.
• Train and assign news projects to volunteer and freelancer news producers.
• Develop and implement workflow efficiency to best maximize content output.
• Prepare and instruct ongoing community journalism training.
• 3-5 years' experience in a news room or similar environment
• Institutional knowledge of Holyoke.
• Strong editing skill and familiarity with Avid, Adobe Premiere, and Final Cut Pro.
• Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines.
• Proven communication skills and ability to work effectively with the public.
• Ability to train users in basic video editing and television camera use.
• Familiarity with online video hosts, social media and content management systems.
• Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy law.
• Spanish and English Fluency.
This position is full time with benefits. Pay commensurate with experience.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online