Junior Editor/Video Coordinator
Hay HouseCarlsbad, CA
Full Time Job
With general guidance, manages and executes all aspects of video production.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as a secondary video production contact throughout project/campaign, coordinating projects with internal staff and external freelancers and vendors.
• Confirm schedules, assets, and manage overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are met.
• Coordinate filming logistics and project deadlines with internal staff and external freelance.
• Ability to plan and execute various stages of video post-production with limited supervision, which includes but is not limited to the following:
o Assist Editors in trafficking, assessing and editing incoming footage
o Format submitted content to fit the company's editorial guidelines
o Ensure that video/image/sound quality, size and placement meet requirements
o Responsible for logging, archiving, organizing footage and other various tasks related to production
o Assist Editors and Producers in managing day-to-day detail to streamline the post-production process and maximize productivity
o Facilitate fact checking, research, proofreading, and implement appropriate edits for ongoing projects
o Publish video using current streaming and encoding technologies
• Assist overseeing on-site logistics and troubleshooting (in-house/external video production).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Technological proficiency in design software and web implementation tools/languages in Mac, including: Protools; Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere (preferred), Photoshop, After Effects, Bridge).
• Technological proficiency in Adobe Media Encoder or Telestream Episode and other media encoding technology.
• Some basic knowledge of audio and video optimization and compression, optimal encoding, sequencing, etc.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Some basic knowledge on digital asset management and archiving
Language, Mathematical and Reasoning Abilities
• Excellent planning, organizational and time-management skills.
• Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to speak effectively with contractors, authors, management or employees of the organization.
• Ability to pro-actively identify issues/obstacles.
• Ability to work independently, as well as with other individuals/teams.
• Proficiency with MS office applications.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Education and/or Experience
• Prior experience achieved through two years of video project management.
• Prior experience typically achieved through two years of video editing and production of online media, specifically.
• Theoretical knowledge typically achieved through a related four-year college experience, such as a Bachelor's degree in digital media, video editing, sound design, or equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus in order to read.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, typically an open office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. Distribution of this item outside of the Company without an authorized release is a violation of Company policy.
$38,000 - $42,000 Health insurance & 401K
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online