Summer Paid Intern - Weekend Express
Full Time Paid Internship
What part will you play?
HLN Weekend Express with Lynn Smith is looking for a Summer 2017 Intern. The intern will get to work alongside producers, writers, copy editors, bookers, associate producers and social media producers who all play pivotal roles in crafting, reporting, and producing the news for the highly rated national weekend news program.
What will you be doing?
include, but are not limited to, researching story, guest, and segment ideas, finding out what's trending on social media, editing, and writing.
What do we need from you?
• The intern should be knowledgeable in and possess a passion for broadcast journalism, television news and social media.
• The intern should be skilled in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and possess superior research abilities, fastidious organization, and writing skills.
• In addition, the intern should have general knowledge in production systems such as iNews, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere Pro.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Summer 2018 program dates are June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
• Students must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship. In addition, students must be enrolled in school during the time of the internship or NO MORE THAN 6 months' post-graduation.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.