Summer Intern - Technology Media Software Development
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Intern will be working directly with our software development teams in an Agile environment, focused on developing, testing & documenting applications.
• Develop application code according to specifications working within and Agile team utilizing 2 week sprints.
• Develop test cases/scripts to ensure code quality and test code coverage.
• Contribute to module/function design during architecture sessions.
• Help keep design documentation up-to-date.
• Working knowledge of Java 1.8
• Knowledge of SQL/Relational database structures Strong written and verbal communication skills
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Ability to foster a positive and energetic influence within the team Knowledge of Angular.js version 1.4 or greater a plus Knowledge of REST services a plus Knowledge of AWS a plus
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.