Summer Intern - Technology IT Security & Compliance
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The IT Security & Compliance team is highly involved in all technology efforts across the organization. We provide oversight and architecture guidance on new initiatives involving cloud services, application development, network security, and third party risk. Additionally, we perform incident response in the event a significant security event occurs.
• Assist in first response and remediation for security-related incidents
• Engage and participate in the security community
• Assist with triage of bounty submissions
• Test and monitor security of the company
• Design, build, and operate innovative tools to enhance our security
• Implement new security technologies
• Assist with internal and external security audits
• You have some experience in defending against attacks in a few areas of security
• You know how to code in at least one programming language
• Ability to analyze and use the results of security assessments, alerts and logs
• Basic knowledge of cloud computing
• You are comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS
• You are pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a bootcamp certification in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field of study
• Have taken coursework related to cybersecurity and/or cryptology
• Ability to problem-solve in an environment containing frequent interruptions
• Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Fast-learner with excellent communication skills
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.