Summer Intern - Sports Production
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The intern will play a vital role in assisting the HBO Sports team with various elements of production -- including boxing, Real Sports, and 24/7 series.
• Prep and research upcoming boxing fights
• Research and develop stories for Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel
• Avid work; logging and screening for Boxing and Real Sports shoots
• Assist with local shoots (content, equipment, etc)
• Complete tasks on a deadline for time sensitive material
• Conduct independent research to pitch potential stories for Real Sports
• Contact reporters, media outlets, and sports teams for information
• On-site assistance for boxing fights (Madison Square Garden, Barclay's Center, etc)
• Observing edits: boxing, Real Sports, and 24/7 series
• Must be able to work 15 hours/week in NY office
• Must be a rising Junior or Senior in college
• Avid or Final Cut screening
• Logging and editing material
• Knowledge of HBO Sports programming: Boxing, Real Sports, Hard Knocks, 24/7.
• Organizational skills: must be able to meet deadlines, attention to detail
• Research skills, including but not limited to:
• knowledge of/proficiency with Nexis searches of news articles
• general internet research
• youtube and footage research
• public records searches
• making phone calls, pre-interviews, etc.
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.