Summer Intern - Programming
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The HBO Programming department is a small, fast-paced environment, responsible for developing and overseeing all of HBO''s late night, news and programming, special events, and stand-up comedy specials, as well as the occasional scripted series. We work closely with many different internal departments at the company, as well as with outside parties such as our production companies, creative agencies, and writers/directors/performers.
• The intern''s responsibilities are wide-ranging and varied, including reading scripts / watching content and giving notes (writing coverage)
• Organizing tickets for live events
• Assisting the department with administrative tasks
• Setting up for conference rooms for meetings
• Anything else the executive assistants, etc. might need.
• Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the intern will be fully integrated into the Programming department and can be called upon to complete any number of tasks.
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
• The intern is expected to be detail oriented and self-motivated
• They should be able to manage their time wisely - to complete their Project HBO responsibilities without interfering with their department responsibilities.
• Professionalism and a positive attitude are a must.
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.