Summer Intern - Technology Digital Production Services
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Digital Production Services is looking for an intern who can juggle a lot of different technological tasks. The primary function is to be post production support for the creatives at HBO. There are a lot of training initiatives and the intern would help to prepare the team for their training and outreach initiatives.
• Learn the various products we support and provide guidance on how we can train clients better.
• Create documentation for clients.
• Think about and suggest new and different ways for us to communicate with clients. Blogs/Videos/Slack Channel etc. Create those methods and help us populate them with content.
• Some post production experience. Video editing with Avid, Premiere, After Effects, or even iMovie.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Client services personality and the ability to speak to small and large groups.
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
• Desire to learn about the world of Post Production.
• Likes to tinker with Technology. Loves figuring out how to do something on a computer. Loves learning new software and making it do new cool things.
• Good communication and teaching skills. Likes to figure something out and then explain it to someone else.
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.