Summer Intern - Corporate Affairs CSR
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
HBO CSR is looking for dedicated and hardworking intern to support the development of cause related campaigns and initiatives tied to programming and relevant observations. Intern will also support the planning and execution of regional screenings and events in addition to assisting all employee engagement projects.
• Support the efforts and development of cause related campaigns tied to HBO programming and talent.
• Assist with the planning of regional events; managing guest lists and signage, among other deliverables.
• Conduct competitive research and analysis to provide strategic recommendations for CSR team.
• Help create and participate in delivering materials such as presentations and one-sheet overviews.
• Collaborate with internal teams as well as external partners on current and future campaigns.
• Provide pitches for press opportunities and social media projects and activations.
• Participate and support all employee engagement initiatives.
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Detail-oriented, task-driven and organized.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize.
• Passion in CSR and PR as well as media and entertainment.
• Familiar with social media platforms and all HBO platforms.
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
• Familiarity with the evolving entertainment, media and technology landscape.
• Interest in nonprofit and relevant cause-related initiatives.
• Eagerness to learn.
• Adaptable to quickly changing environments.
• Interest in volunteerism and events.
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.