Summer Intern - Consumer Marketing Marketing Analytics
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Marketing Analytics team within Digital and Social Media is seeking an intern to support its marketing campaign reporting and analysis efforts. The ideal candidate is passionate about digital marketing in the entertainment space, with an interest in measuring marketing effectiveness and data driven marketing.
• This role reports to a Director and supports the campaign reporting function of the Marketing Analytics Team. Primary responsibilities include compiling data from various established sources, and working with the analytics team to interpret results and report on findings to help inform future campaigns.
• It''s important for the successful candidate to be passionate about marketing through digital channels, and be familiar with marketing concepts in general.
• They must be numerically literate, and have a naturally inquisitive curiosity to get to the bottom of why things are the way they are.
• Competency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint are a must, as is a strong attention to detail.
• The successful candidate must feel comfortable putting ideas forward and be a proactive self starter.
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
• While not critical for the role, any data-related technical skills would be highly regarded (e.g. SQL).
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.