Summer Intern - Consumer Marketing Digital & Social Media
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Content/Editorial team within Digital & Social Media is seeking an intern to support editorialized marketing efforts around HBO programming and the HBO brand. The ideal candidate is passionate about the digital and social space, as well as entertainment, and interested in learning how editorial can support functions that promote television programming and a brand through social, digital, mobile and email marketing.
• This role reports to a Director and supports the entire Content/Editorial team on a range of tasks including reading scripts and writing coverage of them, research, selecting clips & GIFs, writing blog posts, completing interviews, and contributing ideas to brainstorms, to name some of the duties.
• Must feel comfortable putting forth new ideas, writing in a variety of styles, and learning new technologies and platforms, all while being proactive and a self starter.
• We are a fast-paced, entrepreneur-spirited team who is looking for something who is ready to be creative, solutions orientated, organized and have a positive attitude.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as a range of social media platforms from Facebook and Twitter to Snapchat and Instagram.
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
• A voracious reader and content consumer with a creative background, possibly in writing or concepting/ideation. Studying communications, English, journalism, marketing or advertising preferred.
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.