Summer Intern - Consumer Marketing Digital Production
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Digital Production team within Digital & Social Media is seeking an intern to support the digital production and marketing efforts around HBO programming and the HBO brand. The ideal candidate is passionate about the digital and social space, as well as entertainment, and interested in learning how digital marketing and digital production can promote television programming.
• This role will be reporting into a Digital Producer and supports the entire digital production team, with primary responsibilities including publishing to and maintaining digital and social platforms including HBO.com, Cinemax.com, HBO GO, HBO NOW, blogs and other websites.
• Publishing to social media platforms, conducting research into emerging trends, coordinating digital assets, and collaborating with our HBO Digital Editorial and Design teams and other stakeholders within HBO to guarantee project success.
• Working on numerous digital marketing campaigns across HBO Series & Films, HBO Brand and HBO Sports and Boxing.
• We are a fast-paced, energetic team who is looking for a candidate who is ready to be creative, solutions orientated, organized and have a positive attitude.
• A sound knowledge of the web, social media and related technologies.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as a range of digital and social media platforms from Facebook and Twitter to Snapchat and Instagram.
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
• Candidates should be enthusiastic about digital media, technology and be proactive, organized and detail-oriented. Ideally candidates possess a proven ability to publish and manage content in Content Management Systems.
• Studying communications, digital media, marketing or advertising preferred.
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.