Summer Intern - Business Continuity and Crisis Management
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
• The BCCM Team helps to prepare employees for unplanned events. It is comprised of the Crisis Command (CCT) and Business Continuity Management (BCM) Teams.
• The BCM Team works with employees to develop contingency plans, training initiatives, rehearsals and awareness campaigns to ensure that HBOs business can continue to operate once an unforeseen event has been mitigated.
• The CCT consists of senior level executives who are responsible for the overall safety and welfare of staff members and our organizational assets.
• Collaborate with BCCM Team members to support HBOs emergency notification system, including metrics reporting
• Facilitate maintenance (data entry), provide status updates and help to manage licenses for HBOs contingency plans within new software tool
• Research and develop tabletop rehearsals for Business Continuity and Crisis Management exercises
• Work with BCCM Team members to manage New York City based emergency operations centers
• Assist Director and Senior Manager with other special projects
• Submit bi-weekly status reports to Senior Manager and Director
• Must have excellent verbal and written skills
• Must possess advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
• Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented and a team player
• Candidate must be able to work independently while managing multiple projects
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.