Summer Intern - Business Affairs
HBOSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
HBO 2018 Santa Monica Summer Intern - Business Affairs(Finance)
Assist Business Affairs Senior Vice President and Payment Administrator with legal and financial clerical work. Intern will work closely with Business Affairs support staff to process and organize crucial paperwork for HBO Entertainment series projects in various stages of development and production.
• Organizing and maintaining legal files per Business Affairs' strict specifications.
• Researching past HBO deals to assist with proposing new deals for HBO talent.
• Investigating legal & financial inquiries from HBO Entertainment Business Affairs department.
• Advising Business Affairs assistants regarding proper documentation and payment processing procedures.
• Contacting various HBO departments e.g. HBO Corporate Finance, Production Finance, Production Accountants, Legal, and Creative, as well as external Talent Agencies, Business Managers, Outside Counsel and Accountants regarding payment issues.
• Providing administrative backup to support staff in all areas, including filing, scheduling, phones and office organization.
• Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
• Must have ability to execute tasks precisely as instructed to ensure proper maintenance of project files, and to ensure timely and accurate payments.
• Communication (verbal & written) skills are key.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August. Eligible students must be rising juniors or seniors enrolled in a degree granting university or college. A minimum 3.0 GPA. Able to work in Los Angeles and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.
Application deadline is February 2, 2018
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services-HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.