Intern - Bilingual Public Relations
H+M CommunicationsNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Summary: The Intern/Apprentice will provide support in the coordination of the following, but not limited to:
Publicity, promotions, word-of-mouth outreach, grassroots events, and digital/social media.
• Assist entertainment publicity team
• Support managers and VP
• Cover events, press days, screenings, etc.
• Research Hispanic events, vendors, and WOM groups, pertaining to clients' needs
• Pitch/follow-up with media/journalists
• Organize/manage important documents and shipping
• Maintain/update media lists and vendor lists
• Maintain/update databases, including media and promotional partner lists, WOM contacts, and vendor database
• Respond to media requests
• Proofread various documents and assemble client reports
• Provide administrative support such as expense reports, data entry, photocopying, and phones
• Perform errands as needed
• Manage reports, update coverage, and compile recaps
• Participate in agency brainstorms
• Aid in preparation of new business initiative materials
• Aid in assembling presentations
• Bilingual candidates are a PLUS (read and write in Spanish and English) with prior experience and/or interest in pursuing a career in marketing, publicity or communications
• A degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or English is preferred; current college students must be in their junior/senior year to be considered
• The applicant should possess excellent writing and communications skills, be detail oriented, organized, personable and be able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Applicant must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel), as well as be Social Networking/Internet savvy
This internship requires a minimum of 3 days in the office per week, but we are open to having some full-time, 4-5 days a week.
Unpaid internship for college credit only
About Us: H+M Communications is a full-service boutique and consumer-marketing consultancy with offices located in Los Angeles, New York, and Miami. H+M is dedicated to multicultural marketing with special focus on the U.S. Hispanic market and has become one of the top Hispanic agencies trusted by many brands, film studios, television networks, content producers and distributors over the past fifteen years. H+M's expertise spans media and community relations, publicity, events, grassroots/experiential marketing, online/social media, sponsorship development and activation, and crisis communications. Some of our clients include: Universal Pictures, Fox Searchlight, Paramount, Comcast Corporate, among others.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online