GSN TVSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Position: Scheduling Coordinator
Reporting to: VP, Multiplatform Planning & Scheduling
Location: Santa Monica, CA.
GSN TV's Programming department is looking for a detail-oriented Scheduling Coordinator to support our VP, Multiplatform Planning & Scheduling in our Acquisitions department as well as our SVP of Production to join the team. The Coordinator will assist and support our VP and SVP with administrative duties as well as supporting both departments as needed; generating and distributing weekly program schedule grids; generating and distributing monthly VOD planners, artwork, and folder structures; coordinating and maintaining schedule and data integrity between programming and operations databases; supporting and assisting with program standards and practices screening; performing on-line research on competitive programming.
You will be responsible for… (not limited to):
• Coordinating with VP, Manager, and Director on GSN's linear and VOD program schedules
• Assisting both our VP and SVP with administrative duties such as phones and calendars/travel/expense reports, etc., as needed.
• Performing administrative tasks for other Programming department members when needed
• Heavy data-entry in scheduling database: creating episodic information, creating and proofing schedules, and pulling reports
• Generating and distributing linear schedule grids
• Generating and submitting detailed Excel-based VOD and OTT planners, folder structures, corresponding artwork, and additional metadata (includes heavy data-entry)
• Performing daily functions in scheduling database to help facilitate accurate schedule and data information flow between Scheduling, Operations, and Traffic databases
• Maintaining and utilizing episodic air order spreadsheets
• Performing administrative tasks and record-keeping related to show Standards: assist with screening and evaluating GSN original and acquired series for Standards review and ratings
• Assisting in maintaining program competitive documents through on-line research
• Performing on-line research related to potential acquisitions
• Researching the internal Library database for guest star & theme episode data for programming stunts, screening selected episodes as needed
• Coordinating with internal departments for accuracy of programming-related materials
• Requesting air checks and dubs from library and maintaining Programming screening library
• General departmental liaison for scheduling information
• Assisting with special projects as assigned.
You must have…
• Willingness to embody our culture of being collaborative, a self-starter, competitive, passionate, bold, distinctive, innovative, creative and able to have fun!
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong team orientation and interpersonal skills
• Works well on teams and independently
• Strong working knowledge of the television & new media industries
• Must be adept on all MS Office software and have solid experience with database applications
• Very comfortable with heavy internet research
• Proven attention to detail skills is a must
• Very comfortable with data-entry
• Well-organized with ability to multi-task effectively
• Strong working knowledge of television & new media industries
• The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for detail, an ability to meet deadlines, a positive, upbeat attitude, be a genuine team player, be willing to listen, learn, and express eagerness to contribute to the network's success.
• Experience with SIMS, Wide-Orbit, or other scheduling database a plus, but not required.
Required Minimum: Required Minimum: Bachelor's Degree Required
1-2 years television industry experience required in Programming or related experience in Research, Traffic, Marketing, Sales Operations, Media Planning/Promo Scheduling, or Interactive/New Media.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter
Please indicate ''Scheduling Coordinator'' in subject line for immediate consideration.
As part of its commitment to employees, Game Show Network provides a comprehensive benefits package including, medical, dental, vision and 401(k), and a variety of personal assistance programs to help enrich your life in and out of the office.
Game Show Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage all individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Please indicate ''Scheduling Coordinator'' in subject line for immediate consideration. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online