Spring Intern - Research & Analytics
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Fox is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The Fox Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest media and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
The Fox Internship Program provides mentoring and learning opportunities to help you develop your skills, network with Fox employees, and learn more about what it's like to work in the entertainment industry.
The Fox Content Protection group is charged with protecting all feature and television content produced or distributed by Fox Entertainment Group, and is responsible for ensuring that all content can be distributed profitably and securely through all media worldwide. The group approaches the challenge from several directions: Technology, Litigation, Anti-Piracy Enforcement, Preventing Content Leaks, Legislation/Regulation, and Public Relations/Education programs.
Anti-Piracy Internet Investigations and Analysis including, but not limited to, internet research, forum site investigation, eBay searches, video forensics analysis review, database entry, general internet searches for Fox video content, review and summarize pirate websites, piracy trend analysis, and more. In addition, assist with compiling analytical reports on piracy for business executives.
To have a solid understanding of how widespread Piracy issues are and how they affect Fox, the industry, and the consumers, and how the legal and business landscape interact. To be able to intelligently investigate and identify non-legitimate venues providing copyrighted content. To be able to collect and analyze piracy related data and present findings.
• Currently enrolled undergraduate student, sophomore status or higher.
• Proficient computer and internet skills (ie. MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, file transfers, internet research/investigation, ability to learn new software quickly), with no legal background required.
• Preferred major/concentration in Business Administration, Economics, Film/Entertainment, Criminal Justice, or Digital Marketing.
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.