Spring Intern - Distribution Marketing
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Fox is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The Fox Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest media and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
The Fox Internship Program provides mentoring and learning opportunities to help you develop your skills, network with Fox employees, and learn more about what it's like to work in the entertainment industry.
The Fox Networks Group Distribution department represents 20 national networks and 22 regional sports networks, including fan favorites like FOX, FOX Sports, FX Networks, National Geographic and FOX News Channel. Our portfolio of groundbreaking and diverse networks delivers the best in entertainment and live sports across multiple media platforms-we're on the cutting edge of distribution on devices and platforms, including tablets, gaming consoles and mobile devices.
The Distribution Marketing department creates partnership marketing campaigns with major cable, telco and satellite distributors like Comcast, DirecTV and DISH. As well as digital content providers like iTunes, Amazon, Hulu, YouTube, and Roku. We execute: local and large-scale events, social media campaigns, retail partnerships, trade advertising, and ad sales promotions; and create B2B tools to promote our networks and help distributors drive their business.
If you want to work on some of television's most massive pop culture hits and the most popular sporting events in the world, join the Fox Networks Group Distribution team!
Current projects and tasks that will be assigned to the intern(s):
• Conduct industry research and analysis
• Build and edit marketing presentations
• Support national social media campaigns
• Support execution of marketing for new app and platform launches
• Assist with tradeshow and event planning
• Assist with B2B communications concept and execution, including: digital newsletters, printed collateral, websites, and more.
• Copywriting and editing for various marketing projects
• Team/relationship building
• Vendor/agency/3rd party relationship skills
• Department meeting & brainstorming experience
• Project reporting and presentations
• Working in a fast-paced environment
• Increased knowledge of television marketing, promotions and distribution
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite
• Adobe Photoshop experience preferred
• Strong interest in marketing and television. Sports knowledge is a plus.
• Proven ability to work independently and within group environments.
• Pays great attention to detail and utilizes analytical and critical thinking skills
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
• Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.