Spring Intern - Digital & Social Media
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Fox is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The Fox Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest media and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
The Fox Internship Program provides mentoring and learning opportunities to help you develop your skills, network with Fox employees, and learn more about what it's like to work in the entertainment industry.
FOX Sports South is seeking a dedicated intern to join the digital/social media team during the spring of 2017. The internship will include assisting in the following areas:
• Collaborating on creation of original web/social content and posting to social channels and network websites, as well as appearing on videos as needed
• Posting, pregame, in-game and postgame videos to social channels and network websites
• Website management: FOX Sports South has three properties, FOXSportSouth.com, FOXSportsCarolinas.com and FOXSportsTennessee.com
• Written content: Surrounds MLB (Braves), MLS (Atlanta United), NBA (Grizzlies, Hawks, Hornets), NHL (Hurricanes, Predators), WNBA (Dream) and college (ACC) products.
Social media posting
• Work with digital/social media team and production to repurpose FOX Sports South programming content for social media use.
• Shoot, edit and appear in web/social media-exclusive videos for use on FOX Sports South's family of sites that offer both analysis and drive tune-in information
• Assist in day-to-day content curation for FOX Sports South social media accounts.
Web site management
• Post stories from partner teams' sites as well as relevant content from other FOX Sports sites in deadline-driven environment
• Post videos from production team (i.e. pre- and postgame shows, original programming, etc.)
• Supply coverage, including features, news stories, etc., revolving around partner teams
• Post content to websites and share via social channels
• Preferred major in Communications/Journalism. Production or communications and/or prior media or sports experience preferred.
• Experience editing video (i.e. Premiere Pro, After Effects, AVID) and audio (Audacity).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Good organizational and project coordination skills required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
• Must be able to perform in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Familiarity with social media analytics is a plus.
• Familiarity with FOX Sports brand and general sports knowledge is helpful.
The intern will primarily work in an office environment, but it will also be necessary to work in the field, attending live sporting and media events. This can include evenings and weekends. Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week for up to 10 weeks.
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
• Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.