Executive Assistant, Corporate Communications & Publicity
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Publicity and Corporate Communications team at Fox is looking for an executive assistant to support the EVP. This candidate should have strong writing skills and prior desk administrative experience and a basic understanding of the entertainment industry. Furthermore, this person will be extremely organized, able to handle a broad range of activities in a high-pressure environment and will be comfortable dealing directly with executives in other departments, divisions and organizations.
• Prepare and circulate daily clips each day to executives and company
• Daily administrative support – phone coverage, heavy calendaring, expenses, filing, clips support, invoicing/check requisitions, planning travel for executive(s)
• Assist with administrative aspects of Studio events and receptions from planning to execution
• Handle and update company Twitter
• Coordinate high-level media interviews with chairmen and other studio execs
• Process all charity requests with other divisions including submitting to chairmen, securing checks, creating all tribute ads for studio/chairmen, seating etc.
• Provide heavy assistance in multiple facets during major awards seasons, such as:
• Award entries and other campaign-related duties including submissions for all studio series, distribution of information to studio publicists and production companies
• Create and manage budgets
• Media buying, managing vendors, and meeting with agencies for awards campaigns
• Secure tickets and seating for major award shows
• Keep DVD inventory for studio, facilitate all DVD orders on behalf of studios and all productions
• Work with agencies and networks to facilitate pilot presentation, artwork and packaging
• Create and update studio product reel
• Manage travel for all executive producers for Upfronts
• Handle registration for all executive credentials for TCAs, Upfronts, Comic Con, etc.
• Working knowledge of publicity, talent and related business contacts (agents, managers, publicists, media outlets, etc.)
• Strong interest in corporate communications and publicity
• Minimum of two years of related industry experience preferred
• Must possess superior time management skills
• Computer proficient in Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Must have exceptional prioritizing, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Superior communication, writing and grammatical skills
• Creative thinker and problem-solver
• Must be detail-oriented
Fox Broadcasting Company serves as the flagship network for the Fox Television Group, which also includes content creation companies Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox 21 Television Studios. A 21st Century Fox company, Twentieth Century Fox Television is one of the industry's most prolific suppliers of primetime television programming and entertainment content, including the broadcast sensation and NBC's No. 1 series THIS IS US from Dan Fogelman; Fox's No. 1 series, EMPIRE, from Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer; ABC's No. 1 comedy and five-time Emmy Award-winning blockbuster MODERN FAMILY from Steve Levitan and Christopher Lloyd; FX's No. 1 series AMERICAN HORROR STORY from Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk; Fox's highest-rated series launch since 2015, THE ORVILLE; FAMILY GUY, which will hit its 300th episode milestone this year; and the longest-running primetime scripted series in the history of television, THE SIMPSONS. Upcoming additions to its roster include LA TO VEGAS, THE RESIDENT, and the highly anticipated 9-1-1. The studio's cable production division, Fox 21 Television Studios, is responsible for Ryan Murphy's acclaimed anthology, FEUD, which next focuses on the royal saga of Prince Charles and Princess Diana; upcoming drama POSE from Ryan Murphy, Nina Jacobson, Brad Simpson, Brad Falchuk and Steven Canals; the Emmy Award- and Golden Globe Award-winning HOMELAND; the critically acclaimed THE AMERICANS (with FX Productions) which enters its final season this year; Ryan Murphy, Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson's AMERICAN CRIME STORY anthology (with FX Productions) which next chronicles THE ASSASSINATION OF GIANNI VERSACI; GENIUS (with Imagine, OddLot Entertainment and EUE/Sokolow), which will examine Pablo Picasso in its upcoming second season, from Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, Francie Calfo, Gigi Pritzker, Rachel Shane, Sam Sokolow, Jeff Cooney and Noah Pink; and THE CHI from Lena Waithe, Common and Elwood Reid.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.