FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Fox Broadcasting Company is looking for a dynamic assistant to support the Vice President of Casting. This position is responsible for assisting the Casting Executive with administrative functions. Duties include acting as the first point of contact for all calls, mail, demo reels, links, and DVDs, answering busy phones and maintaining phone log; performing word processing, filing, faxing and photocopying; scheduling meetings and pre-read appointments; coordinating director sessions; assisting in the trafficking of actors, interacting with talent, agents/managers and outside studio professionals, researching talent; generating weekly reports; and providing support to LA based executive consultant as required.
• Coordinates casting sessions.
• Assists in the trafficking of actors for casting sessions.
• Interacts with talent, agents/managers and outside studio professionals.
• Download auditions, e-mail actor links, research talent and generate weekly reports.
• Provides backup for other department Consultants, as required. Performs various other duties, as assigned.
• Acts as the first point of contact for all calls, and actor materials.
• Answers busy phones, routes calls, takes messages and maintains detailed phone logs.
• Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments.
• Makes travel arrangements.
• Performs word processing and distribution of letters, memos and other correspondence.
• Handles filing, faxing and photocopying.
• This position requires a high diploma or equivalency. A Bachelor's degree or some college coursework is preferred.
• A minimum of 1-2 years administrative assistant experience.
• Experience in the entertainment industry and casting experience preferred.
• Good oral and written communication skills, including a professional telephone manner and the ability to appropriately prioritize multiple, important calls.
• Familiarity with TV casting is preferred.
• Oral project coordination is required.
• Good attention to detail and follow-through skills are essential.
• Knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, Explorer and FileMaker Pro is necessary.
• Knowledge of Studio Systems, IMDB, Filmtracker, Baseline, Castit and Now Casting Software is essential.
Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX), a unit of 21st Century Fox, is home to some of the highest-rated and most acclaimed series on television, including EMPIRE, THE MICK, LETHAL WEAPON, LUCIFER, GOTHAM, THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, NEW GIRL, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE, STAR, THE EXORCIST, THE SIMPSONS, FAMILY GUY, BOB'S BURGERS, MASTERCHEF JUNIOR, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. FOX airs 15 hours of primetime programming a week, as well as major sports and Sunday morning news. Through the FOX NOW app, FOX viewers can watch full episodes of their favorite FOX shows on a variety of digital platforms, while enjoying enhanced interactive and social capabilities around those shows. Download the FOX NOW app at www.fox.com/foxnow. To watch primetime programming live on the web, visit www.fox.com/live. ''Like'' FOX on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FOXTV and follow the network on Twitter @FOXTV. For additional information about FOX, please visit www.fox.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.