Administrator, Business Affairs
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The TV Business Affairs Executive Assistant and Music Administrator will provide administrative support to the SVP of Business Affairs and be responsible for ensuring timely receipt of contracts for music content to be included in Fox Productions. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Answer calls, send emails, and assist in distribution of agreements/documentation to executives on a regular basis.
• Schedule meetings and conference calls, create meeting agendas and circulates meeting materials, manage expense reports, and arrange mail, messenger and UPS/FedEx packages.
• Assist in initial drafts of deal memos and other agreements; draft routine letters and other correspondence, and review and edit prepared documents for formatting and accuracy.
• Work closely with Production, Business Affairs and Music to confirm on-time delivery of waivers, contracts and legal agreements based on production schedules.
• Daily communication of status of production and recording schedules across multiple departments.
• Coordinate production schedule tracking for all releases, to ensure accuracy and signed agreements are in place.
• Maintain and administer filing system and information relating to the status of agreements, including keeping extensive status charts and coordinating the information with other internal departments and external stakeholders.
• Deliver agreements for execution by parties and assist in monitoring dates of legal significance (e.g., options and expirations)
• Update contract binders and distribute to various executives.
• Other administrative duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required, law school degree preferred.
• Administrative Support experience within a Legal, Business Affairs OR Music Label environment preferred.
• Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Must be extremely resourceful and effective at maintaining a high level of confidentiality in terms of the dissemination of information/communication within the department as well as externally
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects, frequently changing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
• Interest in learning the TV business and avid love/knowledge of current trends in the music industry preferred.
A 21st Century Fox company, Twentieth Century Fox Television is one of the industry's most prolific suppliers of primetime television programming and entertainment content, including the No. 1 series on broadcast television, EMPIRE, from Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer; the season's No. 1 new series THIS IS US, the five-time Emmy Award-winning blockbuster comedy MODERN FAMILY; the pop culture phenomenon AMERICAN HORROR STORY; the critically acclaimed new comedy hit SPEECHLESS; THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, starring Will Forte; and the longest-running primetime scripted series in the history of television, THE SIMPSONS. Upcoming additions to its roster include 24: LEGACY, THE MICK, and STAR, from Lee Daniels and Tom Donaghy. The studio's cable production division, Fox 21 Television Studios, is responsible for the Emmy Award- and Golden Globe Award-winning HOMELAND; the critically acclaimed THE AMERICANS (with FX Productions); Ryan Murphy, Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson's sensation THE PEOPLE V. OJ SIMPSON, which kicked off the AMERICAN CRIME STORY anthology; and CHANCE, from Kem Nunn, Alexandra Cunningham, Lenny Abrahamson, Michael London and Brian Grazer. Upcoming cable series include GENIUS (with Imagine, OddLot Entertainment and EUE/Sokolow), from Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, Francie Calfo, Gigi Pritzker, Rachel Shane, Sam Sokolow, Jeff Cooney and Noah Pink; and Ryan Murphy's latest anthology, FEUD, starring Academy Award winners Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.