Spring Intern - Sun Production
Fox SportsOrlando, FL
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Fox is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The Fox Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest media and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
The Fox Internship Program provides mentoring and learning opportunities to help you develop your skills, network with Fox employees, and learn more about what it's like to work in the entertainment industry.
The intern will be involved in all aspects of planning, production, and daily operations for original programs airing on Fox Sports Florida & Sun Sports. The networks' production department creates a wide variety of programming, ranging from live professional game coverage, pregame and postgame coverage, and original magazine/profile style shows.
The intern's duties will include:
• Assist in show production -- log interviews and highlights, acquire b-roll video & pictures to support storylines, select music, etc.
• Coordinate pre-production of features and game teases
• Assist in writing and editing process, music cue reports & organization of tape & music libraries
• Assist in field production, working with producers and camera operators on event coverage and interviews
• Assist in content development, video shoots & edits of video content for company website & Social Media sites
• Prepare feature content for pregames and games
• Participate in weekly planning meetings to coordinate ENG shoots & edits
• Regularly pitch content and segment ideas; help determine questioning and content for planned interviews, features, and shows
The intern will also be given opportunities to observe and participate in various live sporting event productions.
FOX Sports Florida & Fox Sports Sun are two regional sports networks serving fans primarily in the state of Florida. Offering one of the most comprehensive regional sports TV schedules in the country, FS Florida and Fox Sports Sun are home to NBA's Miami HEAT and Orlando Magic, MLB's Florida Marlins and Tampa Bay Rays baseball, and NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning and Florida Panthers hockey.
FOX Sports Florida & Fox Sports Sun also produce a variety of original programming to support our affiliated teams, ''Inside the HEAT,'' ''Inside the Lightning'', ''Inside the Magic,'' ''Inside the Panthers'' & ''Inside the Rays'' shows, which have garnered multiple Emmy awards.
This environment provides an excellent opportunity for students interested all aspects of sports television to receive hands-on working experience in the industry. The two networks produce over 1000 live events per calendar year.
• FS Florida/Fox Sports Sun aims to provide a positive environment for students to supplement their education with hands-on working experience in the television industry. This experience will prepare interns for a future career in sports television. Sun Sports / FS Florida works actively with colleges to ensure applicants meet necessary criteria set forth by the student's university.
• Students will be selected for the internship based on an interview with a representative of FOX Sports Florida/Fox Sports Sun, letters of recommendation, and the student's passion and interest in starting a career in sports television. Our goal is for interns to learn through active participation in the television production process.
• Interns must be currently enrolled in an accredited college/university and working towards a degree.
• Interns should be at least sophomore status when applying.
• Interns can work up to 200 hours per term (approx. 20 hours/week).
• Interns must be able to work in the U.S.
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
• Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.