Spring Intern - Media Group Public Relations
Fox SportsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Fox is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The Fox Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest media and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
The Fox Internship Program provides mentoring and learning opportunities to help you develop your skills, network with Fox employees, and learn more about what it's like to work in the entertainment industry.
FOX SPORTS MEDIA GROUP- Public Relations Internship
The FOX Sports Media Group is seeking qualified candidates to apply for a public relations internship for the spring of 2018 (January 29th to April 06th, required to complete 200 hours over that term). Based at FOX Sports - headquarters in Century City, Calif., the position collaborates with full-time members of the company's PR staff, contributing in a variety of roles across FOX Sports - dynamic portfolio of properties. Preferred skills include the ability to write and proofread with accuracy and attention to detail, understand/possess a working knowledge of all major sports, including but not limited to: baseball, college and pro football, golf, NASCAR, soccer and UFC, have an understanding of the modern media landscape including a familiarity with and attentiveness to social media, work efficiently under deadlines and comfortably interact with high-profile talent and production personnel.
Duties for the position include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with daily maintenance and updates of department-operated media website
• Writing and editing briefs, campaign recaps and site copy
• Social Media management including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Work with cross department executives and staff on major projects
• Pitches/press outreach to promote FOX talent, programming and properties
• Strong Research Skills
• Event planning & execution
• Familiarity with our FOX Sports University and FOX Sports Supports platforms required
• Must be able to work on-site in Los Angeles, California for the duration of the period.
• Previous work experience in an office environment preferred.
• Previous internship experience preferred.
• Interns must be available to work 20 hours per week for the duration of the internship for 10 weeks.
• All internships are paid and do not require academic credit.
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
• Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.